The council Parks dept have secured the necessary funding. The track should be in by spring 2022 if all goes well. Thanks to all who made this happen.
If you still don’t know what a pump track is, let Sam show you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQNwkmdsph8.
- Create a resource in the center of Roslin, beside the School
- Usable by Residents, the School and Wrap Around Care
- Have a hard-wearing tarmac surface that should last for 20 years
- Usable on bikes, scooters, skateboards, wheelchairs, rollerblades
- Blends into existing park, not spoiling surroundings
- Low maintenance sidewalls, blend into park
- Open for use 365 days a year with an age-range from 1 – 99
- 600+ new houses are being built in Roslin, more facilities are required
- Cycle ways to Bilston and Loanhead for wider catchment.
We have been engaging with Midlothian Council and we are actively working on the next steps to build a pump track in Roslin park. We have met with track designers/builders discussed many of the issues and are actively looking at the design and ways to fund the track.
The videos below show Bridgend pump track, which is similar in area to the site being looked at in the park.
See a pump track in action on the 17th August 2019, the Red Bull Pump Track WC
There has been positive response to the idea of building a PumpTrack in Roslin, from those active on the Village FaceBook groups, the Community Council and Midlothian Council. Several sites have been proposed and now we need to speak to the village to assess further the level of interest on these options.
We are a long way from getting this built, nothing is set in stone and ideally we would like to have as many folk on board as possible.
Come and see us at the Roslin Fun Day to find out more, give your view and possibly help us make this a reality. We will have big signs up. You won’t miss us.
You can also register your support using the contact form as well as if you want to help out on the team.
Below are some ideas of some larger PumpTracks, how they are helping communities and how you can start working on your skills.